DASH 18X / DASH 18
System Software Upgrade
This system upgrade is the latest system software for your Dash 18X and Dash 18 recorders. It contains new features and enhancements for your recorder, as well as fixes for customer reported problems. If your software version is 2.0 or lower, please contact our Technical Support Department before upgrading to discuss options available to you before upgrading. If your software version is 2.1 (which was released December 30, 2003) or higher, you can simply download and install the latest software. You can verify the System Software level of your Dash 18X / Dash 18 by clicking on Help on the Menu Bar and choose About the Dash 18.
See below for upgrade instructions.
Offline Software (OL-18)
This is the latest version of Offline Software (OL-18). This software supports the Dash 18X and the Dash 18.
If you are currently using this software, please contact AstroNova Technical Support for a username and password to download. If you are not a user and would like to purchase Offline Software (OL-18), please contact AstroNova Customer Service.
The Offline Software (OL-18) supports Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP operating systems.
Upgrade instructions for the Dash 18X and Dash 18 system software:
There are two methods for installing the Dash 18X / Dash 18 system software: Ethernet upgrade or Zip Disk / USB key upgrade.
Zip Disk upgrade method (Dash 18 only)
- After downloading, copy the file to a Zip disk.
- Insert the Zip disk into the Dash 18.
- On the Dash 18, press Configuration > Utilities. Choose the Upgrade button. The Dash 18 software will be upgraded.
USB key upgrade method (Dash 18X only)
- After downloading, copy the file to a USB key.
- Insert the USB key into the Dash 18X.
- On the Dash 18X, press Configuration > Utilities. Choose the Upgrade button. The Dash 18X software will be upgraded.
Ethernet upgrade method (both Dash 18 and Dash 18X)
- The Dash 18X / Dash 18 system software must be running, it must not be at the operating system.
- Using a 3rd party FTP software, send the upgrade file to the C:\D18\upgrade folder.
- Once the file is transferred, on the Dash 18X / Dash 18, press Configuration > Utilities. Choose the Upgrade button.
- Follow the normal upgrade procedure, including the power off at the end.
To use FTP Applications with the Dash 18X / Dash 18:
- Ensure the Dash 18X / Dash 18 is on and properly connected to a network.
- Launch a file transfer protocol (FTP) application using a computer connected to the same network. Log into the Dash 18X / Dash 18: with the following information:
- Username: dash18
- Password: dash18 (or other system password if changed)
- FTP Address: ftp:// 192.168.255.1/ (or other IP address if changed)